Look! Hark! A Vagrant!

Tom and Peg are already in San Diego, but Jess and I have ONE MORE SLEEP. And right when the excitement was about to overcome me, we got a little package in the mail that diverted my excitement away from SDCC. Lo! Hark! A Vagrant!


How can I say this without sounding like I'm telling all the other moms in the playground how adorable and gifted my child is? I'm not even going to try. Kate Beaton is one of the most talented names in comics today: the combination of her feisty, deceptively-casual style and her boundary-less wit make her comics ones that I come back to time and time again, and all the while they never taste stale. Early on in the editing process, the Chief turned around and exclaimed how good the book was, as if he were a little surprised by how well it turned out. Of course we knew we loved Kate's comics, but what surprised us is how much the reading experience changed when reading the comics in a collected edition. Though the subject matter and time period change from page to page, there's a consistency that pulls you in and allows each strip to compliment the next. Kate's world is a hilarious one, and it's a pleasure to be in that world for 168 pages.






And lastly, here's production intern Gemma enjoying Hark! over on our disgusting pleather couch. (This wasn't staged, I swear…)


I could go on and on about this beauty, but I've got bags to pack and outfits to plan! I'll see you tomorrow at comic-con with 300 signed and numbered copies of Hark! A Vagrant for you to feast your eyes upon.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More