Comics is poorer without Dylan Williams


Dylan Williams' passing is terrible terrible news. My condolences to his friends and family. I think I said everything I felt for him as a person and publisher three weeks ago when I asked people to please buy some Sparkplug Books to help with his hospital bills. Likely, his wife Emily and his family still needs help so do still consider buying some books. You won't be sorry. Or go to your local store and buy some Sparkplug titles. He wanted you to read these books!

I grabbed the above image from Andrice Arp's Flickr. It's a great picture of Dylan (right) and his close friend and artist Trevor Alixopulos. I picked this photo because his faith and nurturing of a talent like Trevor's is one of the things that made Dylan such a great guy. So many people have written great remembrances about Dylan, much better and more personal than mine (Tom Spurgeon has a great list of these here). I'll be heading to APE soon and I hate the idea that he won't be there. It really seems impossible. How can there be an APE or any small press show without Dylan?

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More