Gabrielle Bell in Bitch Magazine

Gabrielle Bell was interviewed recently by Bitch Magazine about feminism, women's work, the evolution of Lucky, and what it means to have a webcomic versus a printed comic.
Select snippet:
RMJ: What is the role of feminism in your work?

GB: I guess every female artist has to think about feminism for pretty much her whole life as she is making her art... so I think it's hard to talk about. As a feminist, I try to realize myself as a person and an artist as strongly as I can in opposition to the images and ideas of the traditional women presented in the media, in hopes that others will recognize this and feel free to do the same.

Check it out! Lots of good thoughts in there...

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More