Nancy Volume Four! Plus a very happy birthday to the Great John Stanley!




It's been a while since we've had a John Stanley Library release, and although I'm thrilled to show off the fourth Nancy book to you today, I couldn't be sadder that it's the last in the series. When I started out as an intern at D+Q, I pretty much spent the whole summer touching up Melvin and Nancy comics (the office was a bit of a John Stanley sweat shop in those days), and in the process discovered the magic that is John Stanley, possibly the single greatest comics writers of all time. (Hmm?) So in addition to Stanley's work being among my favorite comics, there's also a bit of nostalgia for me. Don't get me wrong, that summer of Tom standing behind me yelling hot keys into my ear while I sucked back tears and shakily figured out how to read his mind was the worst summer of my life, but it had its moments.






And if the series had to come to an end, I'm happy we could do it on a strong note. This final volume of Nancy, and the ninth title in the John Stanley Library, has some pretty great moments.






Most notably, and very much to my delight, an abundance of Oona.






And things get pretty wacky, even by Oona standards.






And as always, Seth did a lovely job with the design of the book.






And here it is, guys: the complete set! Death-Ray Action Doll looks pretty bummed to see the series come to a close. Chin up, Andy, it was good while it lasted. Plus, just look at how handsome they are all lined up!






And you know what else? It's John Stanley's birthday today. I can't think of a better way to celebrate than stopping by your LCS and adding a few more volumes to your embarrassingly incomplete collections. Nancy Volume 4 will be in stores June, so hold your horses on that one for a bit, okay?


0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More