Hard Copy, Front Page, Above the Fold, Sales Rise

It's interesting to see that we have reached a point in comics, where a front-page of the Arts section review in the New York Times gets a perfunctory link from the pundits, or maybe none at all. I'm not complaining, being in my tenth year of comics, (!) I actually find the blase reaction fascinating. And it makes us just have to up our game.

But really let's take a look at the actual copy of today's New York Times, shall we?


Ooooo, front page, above the fold, I like, I like.


Ooooweee! Even more art on the inside, I like, I like, I like.

Wait, what's this? How can they squeeze even more art into the article? Ahhh, they can tease the online excerpt on page A4 with more art and an intro.



And if anyone has any doubts the Grey Lady can move numbers, oh she can! Yesterday, A Drifting Life was in the 3000s on its first day on Amazon.

Today, behold:

Am I gloating? Is this not polite? I don't want to detract from the fact that the Times said A Drifting Life is among this genre's signal achievements and that Tatsumi is finally getting the recognition and respect he deserves.

Besides, we all know that it is only a matter of months, before I get the old ego check when a certain someone tells me that we still don't sell as well as he thinks we should. Gotta love comics. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More