Seattle, meet Chester Brown

Pull on your polar fleeces and break out your umbrellas, Seattle; it's time to go see Chester Brown at Elliott Bay! (all right, well, in a few hours)

This event is not-to-be-missed! Not only has it been a number of years since Chester was out there, but his presentation is wonderful. Our event was so packed that we had to turn away people at the door, and Chester was getting a laugh a minute. Most interesting, though, might have been the Q+A section, during which Chester treated all the questions with equal candor, thoughtfulness and humour. Here are the deets:

May 19th, 8:00 pm
The Elliott Bay Book Company
1521 Tenth Avenue

Also, can I just take a minute to talk about how much I love Elliott Bay? When I lived in Victoria, I used to visit Seattle in no small part so that I could go there and marvel at its breadth of subject and well-curated book selection. I bought the first issue of The Believer there long after I'd lost all hope of ever owning it. So, go! Watch Chester and buy your out-of-print McSweeney's publications!

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More