Top 10 Actresses: Part 1: 10-6.

Similar to my Top 10 Actors list, here is my Top 10 Actresses list. Making this Top 10 Actresses list was more difficult than my Actors list. While I have certainly seen and like many different actresses, I have not seen a single actress in nearly as many movies as I have many actors, therefore, some of my choices are often based on one role from a certain actress. As I stated at the beginning of my Top 10 Actors list, I generally do not care or read about what an actor or actress does off the screen. When playing a character on screen, the identity of the actor is not important, only the performance. Also most of my favorite actresses are modern actresses, although there are many honorable mentions of more classical actresses like Ingrid Bergman. While I always try to keep things professional, it is impossible for me to ignore the fact that most of these actresses are/where extremely attractive.
If you have not read my Top 10 Actors list, please click on the links to read them.
Why did I post this picture here you may ask? Because Jennifer is hilarious and I needed a cool thumbnail for the post.

 
 
At Number 10: Emma Watson
Despite only seeing her in the Harry Potter franchise, she has become one of my favorite actresses. It apparent from the first Harry Potter film that she was the strongest actor of the three main characters of the franchise.
Best Movies: Harry Potter Franchise,
Best Roles: Hermione,


 
At Number 9: Jennifer Lawrence
Honestly, who doesn't like Jennifer Lawrence? She is fun, hilariously honest in interviews, and gives excellent performances, what is there not to like? While most audiences are crazy about her role in the Hunger Games, my favorite performance of hers was in X-Men: First Class as Mystique, although I have not seen Silverlings Playbook, which she won an Oscar for.
Best Movies: X-Men: First Class, The Hunger Games
Best Roles: Mystique
 
At Number 8: Gwyneth Paltrow
The dislike Paltrow receives from some is really mind boggling to me because she is an excellent actress. While only seen as Pepper Pots in the Iron Man trilogy, she is brilliant in that role. She plays off Robert Downey Jr. perfectly with her snappy, and often hilarious, delivery of dialogue.
Best Movies: Iron Man Trilogy,
Best Roles: Pepper Pots,
 
 
At Number 7: Sigourney Weaver
There are few actresses that could have pulled off such a butt kicking heroine but Sigourney Weaver's role as Ellen Ripley is among the best. She even received an Oscar nomination for her performance in Aliens, which is nearly unheard of for an action movie today.
Best Movies: Alien, Aliens, Ghostbusters,
Best Roles: Ellen Ripley,


At Number 6: Grace Kelly
Grace Kelly is the most graceful actress to ever grace the Silver-Screen. OK, enough with the Grace puns. Although Kelly had only made a few films before marrying the Prince of Monaco, in that brief time, she had worked with the great Alfred Hitchcock to make, what I consider one of his best films, Rear Window and another Hitchcock classic, To Catch a Thief. The only one I have yet to see of Hitchcock's work with Kelly is Dial M for Murder, which I hope to see soon.
Best Movies: Rear Window, To Catch a Thief, High Noon, 
Best Roles: Lisa Carol Fremont
 
  
If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More