Angel



Digging into that pile of Dell comics on my desk...what have we here? Angel #7 by Mel Casson. Again, no idea if he actually did the art for this comic book. It looks a lot like the various samples I found while researching him but there a number of good mimics on the Dell staff. This doesn't really count as a failed book I guess. There seem to be several issues although it certainly doesn't go into the hundreds. As noted in at least a couple sources, it has a Dennis the Menace crispness in the cartooning and something of the antic qualities of Lulu or Nancy (this is not likely John Stanley's work but I can't help but notice the multiple "yows" and occasional multi-tailed balloons.) Still it's beautiful looking and pretty funny. I love the idea of the pack of kids just left to their own devices by the sea. Nope, nobody's going to drown in this bunch.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More