Eightball collides with high fashion

D+Q employee Claudia included in her cover letter to us that as a 15-year-old, she wrote a five-page letter to Dan Clowes (whose Mr. Wonderful strip I am loving!) informing him that Ghost World changed her life. Needless to say, an interview wasn't even necessary. She was hired. Yesterday, she hipped me to this fact: that the Luella Spring 2008 fashion collection was inspired by Ghost World. I took a look and, yes, the collection does feature chunky Enid glasses and even has the bat mask. Somehow, however, I think Enid would opine that skinny fashion bitches may rank below "trendy boarding school bitches."



Another employee, Rebecca, burnt all of her father's Yummy Furs in the back alley behind her home when she was 9-years-old, only to later buy them all again for him when she was 14-years-old, realizing that the comics were pretty awesome.

I, of course, wasn't half as cool as either Rebecca or Claudia, having only read the occasional Usagi Yojimbo comic when I was in high school, not reading Dan or Chester until I was in college (to my credit there were no good comic shops, that I knew of, in Syracuse, NY).

God bless teenage girls reading comics, though, it's practically half our staff!

***UPDATE***Gotta love Generation Y (or is it Z?) publicity assistant Jessica emailed to say that in high school she read the following: ghostworld, david boring, sandman, chris ware, charles burns, julie doucet, joe sacco, love and rockets, optic nerve...

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More