Introducing D+Q's Spring 2013 Catalogue




Hello sports fans! Our spring 2013 list is set, and we're excited to share it with you. So go grab yourself a coffee, mint-julep, corn-dog, whatever, and then come back here ready to be dazzled!






MARBLE SEASON by Gilbert Hernandez! Gilbert just sent in the final pages of the book, and I don't think we could be more excited. It's a beautiful meditation on childhood, comics, and storytelling, from one of comics' best. Marble Season will be in stores this April.






CO-MIX: A RETROSPECTIVE OF COMICS, GRAPHICS, AND SCRAPS by Art Spiegelman! In case an OGN from Gilbert wasn't enough, we are very proud to be publishing this collection of Art's work, featuring a reproduction of the long-out-of-print Raw comic "Two Fisted Painters," original essays, plus so! much! more!. CO-MIX will be available in May.






THE PROPERTY by Rutu Modan! I just wrapped production on this title yesterday. I've been a huge fan of Rutu's work for quite some time now, so it was a real pleasure to work on the book. (I know, I say this about every book I work on, but it's completely sincere each time, I swear.) The Property will be in stores in May.






MY DIRTY DUMB EYES by Lisa Hanawalt! This is not the cover. Lisa sent in a cover mockup the other day though, and with 10 thumbs up from us, she is frantically painting the glorious masterpiece that will cover this collection. I'll post it just as soon as I get it in my sweaty mits. My Dirty Dumb Eyes will be in stores in May.






A USER'S GUIDE TO NEGLECTFUL PARENTING by Guy Delisle! Again, not quite set on the cover here. If you speak French and follow Guy's blog, these hilarious strips will be familiar to you. For the rest, just take my word on this: they are a hoot. A User's Guide to Neglectful Parenting will be in stores June.






MOOMIN AND THE SEA by Tove Jansson! The 5th release in our color-Moomin series! In a back-pack friendly size, these books are the perfect stories to send your kids to school with. Moomin and the Sea will be in stores June.






MOOMIN AND THE COMET by Tove Jansson! Perhaps one of my most-loved Moomin stories, this one was extra fun to colour. Watch for it this June.






THE PLAYBOY by Chester Brown! Now back in print! Chester has re-worked this classic story a bit, so even if you already have a copy, I'd recommend taking a look at this one. The Playboy will be in stores May.






PAYING FOR IT by Chester Brown! The New York Times bestselling graphic novel, now in paperback, with an extended afterword. I haven't read the afterword yet. I'm expecting it to arrive in the mail next week. My fingers are wiggling with anticipation. Paying For It will be in stores May.






I DUNNO…WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO? by Anouk Richard! The second english release from her acclaimed Anna & Froga series features the friendliest Yeti around, a worm who can only wiggle when asked to dance, and some of the funniest characters in any comic around today, for adults or kids. I Dunno…What Do You Want to Do? will be in stores June.






MOOMIN VOLUME EIGHT by Lars Jansson! The antics continue in this third Lars Jansson collection. There's a tragic love story, get-rich-quick schemes, and cake. What more could one ask for? Watch for it in stores June.



For actual information on each book, and not just my terrible attempt at an elevator pitch, you can view our complete spring catalogue here.




0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More