Mini Puces Pop Recap

Oh hi guys! I'm working on a longer New York Art Book Fair post, but, in the meanwhile, I thought I'd toss up a couple of photos from Montreal's recent Puces Pop, the craft fair associated with Pop Montreal.

Here's a shot of what it looks like in here. Seriously, pretty much every week that there isn't a cool guy craft fair like Puces Pop, this basement plays host to Polish church-enthusiast flea markets where the average age is 75. Did someone die in this dress? Eh, it's $3 and the money I'm saving will buy me all the cabbage rolls I could ever possibly want. SOLD!

Requisite booth shot! This is a show where we are always next to the entrance. We're so close to the action that, in the foreground of this pic, you can see the hung-over Pop workers' and volunteers' Gatorade bottles.

All right, so I only have one more photo because I actually only worked at this show for half a day, but I think you get the idea? Working with Pop is always fun, though doing shows in Montreal has become a little hilarious since we opened the store here. IE, there are now a lot more questions like: "are you selling the graphic-novel version of this book of Satanist poetry?" or "why won't you do a launch for my DIY dentistry zine in your store?"

And now, my favourite con memory:

This young Belgian gentleman came up to the booth and told me that he used to LIVE BELOW BRECHT EVENS! Emphasis on "used to." He may look all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed here, but there were still residual dark circles under his eyes from years of an Evens party schedule.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More