The Klondike


What a week! I know, I say that every blog post. But it seems like we never just get one book in at a time. We not only received Shigeru Mizuki's Onward Towards Our Nobel Deaths (post to come next week), but we also received Zach Worton's long overdue The Klondike. Zach's been working on this book for several years now, and all his hard work paid off. I've never been to the Yukon, and thanks to Zach, I'll never have to go! After reading The Klondike (albeit about 17 times by the time it went to print) I feel like I've been there. Zach's landscapes are incredible, giving each of his unique characters a striking backdrop for their daily struggles--and occasional successes.


Here's awesome intern Vincent blurrily (obviously because his entire body is shaking, not because I'm a shoddy photographer) holding his copy of the book while laughing at a poignant joke I made.


Zach will be launching The Klondike in Toronto at the Beguiling on April 14 at 7pm along with fellow D+Q cartoonists Pascal Girard (Reunion) and Joe Ollmann (Mid-Life). The Beguiling also currently has this beaut of a window display:




If you live in Toronto, head over and check it out. And while you're there, give long-time employee Zach a much-deserved pat on the back. Give him one from me too.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More