CONSTRUCTIVE ABANDONMENT

All right, Chris Mautner!! I swear I was already planning on doing this post, but since maybe it's unclear what CONSTRUCTIVE ABANDONMENT by Michael Dumontier and Neil Farber is all about, I will speed it up.

Michael and Neil were founding members of the Royal Art Lodge, a hugely influential artist collective out of Winnipeg that also featured Marcel Dzama. Maybe this group is not completely known to Americans, but, believe-you-me, every single art student in Canada is familiar with their work. They work collaboratively, but their work flows together so seamlessly that you (or, well, I) can't distinguish their two hands within these paintings.

Beyond often being extremely funny, there is frequently something poignant in these works that speaks succinctly to culture and human experience more generally; I am totally amazed at how these two are able to say so much with such an economy of means. I'm thrilled to be able to work on this book and thought I would share a few pages with you!






0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More