Check it out!

Greg Cook has some great photographs of the show he co-organized of the company who published his Frank Miller inspired Catch as Catch Can. I swear those are Greg's words not mine. Ask him, if you don't believe me. All I know is that at a SPX many moons ago, I was under strict orders to get a copy of said book in Frank's hands and make introductions if possible. I'll let others figure out which Frank Miller book it is.
Here's a shot featuring Kurt Wolfgang's contribution to the mini golf course made on a Highwater retreat I blogged about a few summers ago that I'm too lazy to find the link to unfortunately, and also in the shot are many of Brian Ralph's mole men {Expect Daybreak Fall 2011} from a Brooklyn launch for Climbing Out at the Ship's Mast Tavern, we have one of the bearded old man in orange hanging up in our kitchen, "I've done a lot of things I regret" and it gets some curious glances from our non comics friends. What's Wrong? Is it sending the wrong message to Georgie and Woody? I don't understand.

Here's something I haven't seen before a jam comic between Tom, his friend Brooke and Jef Czekaj, who you may remember we had Jef as a guest author at Librairie at a "Kid's Day" event that spawned the store's first official dance party for his kids book Hip and Hop.

This shot is great because you can see the poster in the lower left that is from Ron Rege's Giant Robot/Tylenol campaign, who has now segued to his own beer. How awesome is that?

It seems like the curators did a great job of making this a fun ephemera filled comic show and hopefully when Tom gets down to Boston for the Boston Book Fair, he'll report back with more oddities and delights. Be sure to check out the photos for more shots of original artwork from others like Jordan Crane who ran Highwater West and was apparently much nicer to his interns than Highwater East.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More