Life goes on


for our Eisner winners. Israel's oldest daily newspaper Haaretz, checks in with a profile of Best Graphic Novel (technically Best Graphic Album-New) winner, New York Times Magazine contributor, Exit Wounds and Jamilti author Rutu Modan. It is one of the most in-depth profiles of Rutu to date. It's a must-read.

When asked about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, Rutu answers: "It's very Israeli, the way we treat the situation in which we live," she explains. "We've become accustomed to living in catastrophe but to ignore the danger. I remember that while I was writing the book, I was late picking up my daughter from kindergarten. At the traffic light on Rothschild Boulevard I ran into a friend who told me that terrorists had taken over the Central Bus Station and were shooting. I told him that what he was saying was very interesting, but I had to run to the kindergarten because my daughter was waiting. That was of greater concern to me. And that's crazy. But that's how we live here, in a kind of lunatic divorce from our surroundings."

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More