L.A. = Awesome Comics Town


This summer, the L.A. Weekly contacted me to excerpt Adrian Tomine's Shortcomings. I said yes right away. Why? I'm hard pressed to name another city with as many comic stores and comic friendly bookstores. Sure, there are other cities with great stores, but collectively? Ok, I'm bound to forget one, but let's try in alphabetical order: Booksoup, Duttons, Family, Giant Robot, Golden Apple, Hammer, Hi De Ho, House of Secrets, Meltdown, Secret Headquarters, Skylight Books, Third Planet, Vromans, and...? Email me to let me know if I forgot anyone. It's Sunday night, go easy on me.

The excerpt ran on Thursday: "His crisp, almost gestural line work is both modern and retro, and each painstakingly composed individual panel comes across like a scene from a movie. It's pure story done in a pure style..."

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More